Monday 23 September 2013

Apple and Blackberry crumble



After all the blackberry picking what better way to use them than in a crumble here is the recipe.







The crumble; 

  • 120g plain flour 
  • 60g caster sugar 
  • 60g butter 

  • The fruit base 
  • 300g apples I used brambly 
  • 30g butter 
  • 30g demerara sugar 
  • 115g blackberries 
  • Then custard or vanilla ice cream to serve 

  1. heat up the oven to 190c/170/c fan/ gas mark 5.
  2. Add the butter, flour and sugar into a bowl.
  3. rub in using your finger tips to make a bread crumb mixture.
  4. line a baking tray with baking paper sprinkle the mixture over evenly.
  5. bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.  
 While this is cooking prepare the fruit

  1. peal and slice the apples evenly
  2. put the butter and sugar into the sauce pan and mix together on a medium heat until it turns to a light caramel.
  3. stir in the apples and cook for around three minutes or until soft.
  4. Add the blackberries and cook for a further three minutes.
  5. remove from heat and place into an oven prof dish.


Remove the crumble mixture from the oven and place over the top of the fruit then cook in the oven for a further five to ten minutes.

autumn recipes apple and blackberry crumble


It was simply delicious, I forgot to take a photo of the crumble cooked in one piece because the boys couldn't wait to get there hands on there pudding even though Liam in the end did not eat any. so here is what was left, not much!



this pudding will serve between three to four people



SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Oh how lovely! We collected loads of blackberries over the weekend as I make jam. I think I will try this recipe though as it sounds and looks delicious! Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blackberry picking its great fun for autumn

      Delete
  2. Brilliant recipe for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't you just love autumn free fruit is always a good thing!

      Delete
  3. Brill, we managed to garner some late season blackberries last weekend and I was thinking of making a big crumble tonight. This looks like a great recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes its a shame we were late I am not going to be caught out next year we will go earlier mind you we would have had more in my little one hadn't eaten half of them!

      Delete
  4. I've got lots of blackberries in the freezer & this has got me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fantastic, I have some frozen blackberries that I collected earlier this month, so I think I'll get onto this tonight, we're overloaded with apples from our tree at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I love crumble but never thought of serving it with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig